Workforce Development Program Manager, Miguel Contreras Foundation
ABOUT US: The Miguel Contreras Foundation (MCF), a program partner of the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor AFL-CIO, is a 501c(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to empower working Angelenos – especially immigrants and communities of color – by advancing greater equity through access to good quality jobs and livable communities. MCF’s programs seek to ensure that Los Angeles County supports underserved workers who are the backbone of our thriving economy: immigrants, women and the formerly incarcerated.
POSITION DESCRIPTION (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES): The Workforce Development Program Manager supports the Workforce Development team through program development, planned activities and evaluations. This is a new position within a dynamic and growing organization.
- Works with the Workforce Development Director to assist with program development and planning to support MCF’s Workforce
- Development Program team
- Develops and implement program objectives
- Oversees program implementation and evaluation
- Engages in research on issues related to MCF’s workforce opportunity programs
- Assists with managing program staff, providing work plan and budget support, and ongoing feedback, and ensuring deliverables are being met on a timely basis
- Works with the Workforce Development Program team to develop content for website, social media, materials, and electronic mailers
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: Our ideal candidate is a leader who is passionate for building and expanding career and life opportunities for underserved workers in Los Angeles.
- 3-5 years in program management in nonprofit, social enterprise, or similar environment required
- Working knowledge of workforce development
- Excellent writing, research, and oral communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in fast-paced environments and with deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse communities and audiences
- Advanced degree
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT: MCF is a leader in providing equitable salaries and benefits, and a supportive working environment that fosters the long-term leadership development of its team members.
- Starting at $70,000
- Generous Medical/Dental/Vision/Retirement Benefits/Life/Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off/Family Leave
- $1,000/year car insurance reimbursement
- $850/year car repair reimbursement
- $500/month transportation stipend
- $200/month technology stipend
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Application and Renewal fees covered
TO APPLY: Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with the subject “Workforce Development Program Manager”. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
It is the policy of Miguel Contreras Foundation to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.