Union Organizer, SPEEA, IFPTE Local 2001
Covering Southern California
(includes travel throughout California, and some throughout the U.S)
The Society of Professional Engineering Employees in Aerospace (SPEEA), IFPTE Local 2001, is hiring a Union Organizer to work in Southern California. The primary function of the SPEEA Organizer is internal and external organizing and campaign support.
This position requires a seasoned organizer. Experience in bargaining or other facets of union representation is helpful.
- Previous organizing experience is highly desirable;
- Strong ability to communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to meet and deal effectively and persuasively with individuals and groups in a variety of stressful environments;
- Strong personal planning and time management skills;
- Excellent listening skills;
- Works well independently within the context of a plan as well as on a team;
- Computer proficiency is required for email, internet, word processing, spreadsheet and database programs;
- Commitment to preserving and enhancing good, middle class jobs;
- Ability to work beyond a forty-hour work week that includes evenings and some weekends. Overtime is compensated;
- Travel includes throughout California, and some throughout the U.S. where we also represent members, including Washington, Oregon, Utah and Kansas.
- Driving and a current driver’s license is a required.
This is a represented position with excellent benefits and competitive compensation.
Submit by email a letter of interest and résumé with references to Robin Fleming at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position open until filled
SPEEA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people.