Union Organizer, Society of Professional Engineering Employees in Aerospace (SPEEA) – IFPTE Local 2001
Covering Southern California
(includes travel throughout California, and some throughout the U.S)
The Society of Professional Engineering Employees in Aerospace (SPEEA), IFPTE Local 2001, is hiring a Union Organizer to work in Southern California. The primary function of the SPEEA Organizer is external organizing and campaign support.
This position requires a seasoned organizer. Experience in bargaining or other facets of union representation is helpful.
- Previous organizing experience is highly desirable;
- Strong ability to communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to meet and deal effectively and persuasively with individuals and groups in a variety of stressful environments;
- Strong personal planning and time management skills;
- Excellent listening skills;
- Works well independently within the context of a plan as well as on a team;
- Computer proficiency is required for email, internet, word processing, spreadsheet and database programs;
- Commitment to preserving and enhancing good, middle class jobs;
- Ability to work beyond a forty-hour work week that includes evenings and some weekends. Overtime is compensated;
- Travel includes throughout California, and some throughout the U.S. where we also represent members, including Washington, Oregon, Utah and Kansas.
- Driving and a current driver’s license is a required.
This is a represented position with excellent benefits and competitive compensation.
Must live in the Southern California region.
Submit by email a letter of interest and résumé with an emphasis on your external organizing experience including a list of campaigns you’ve been involved in to: Robin Fleming at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position open until filled.
SPEEA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people.