Immigration Program Manager, Miguel Contreras Foundation
ABOUT US: The Miguel Contreras Foundation (MCF), a program partner of the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor AFL-CIO, is a 501c(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to empower working Angelenos – especially immigrants and communities of color – by advancing greater equity through access to good quality jobs and livable communities. MCF’s programs seek to ensure that Los Angeles County supports underserved workers who are the backbone of our thriving economy: immigrants, women and the formerly incarcerated.
POSITION DESCRIPTION (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES): The Immigration Program Manager is responsible for overseeing the immigration program development, planned activities, and evaluation. This is a new position within a dynamic and growing organization.
- Works directly the with Immigration Program Director to support with program development, planning, and reporting
- Develops and implements program objectives and oversees program implementation and evaluation
- Works with unions and community partners to engage in MCF’s immigration programs
- Conducts research on issues related to MCF’s immigrant worker programs
- Manages program staff providing workplan support, ongoing feedback, and performance evaluations
- Works with program team to develop content for website, social media, materials, and electronic mailers
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: Our ideal candidate is a leader who is passionate for social justice, worker rights, and creating opportunities in the economy for immigrant workers in Los Angeles.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years in program management in nonprofit, social enterprise, or similar environment
- Excellent writing, research, and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and with deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse communities and audiences
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Los Angeles immigrant and worker rights landscape
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT: MCF is a leader in providing equitable salaries and benefits, and a supportive working environment that fosters the long-term leadership development of its team members.
- Starting at $70,000
- Generous Medical/Dental/Vision/Retirement Benefits/Life/Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off/Family Leave
- $1,000/year car insurance reimbursement
- $850/year car repair reimbursement
- $500/month transportation stipend
- $200/month technology stipend
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Application and Renewal fees covered
TO APPLY: Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Immigration Program Manager”. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
It is the policy of Miguel Contreras Foundation to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.