Field Services/Communications Director – California Association of Professional Employees (CAPE)
JOB TITLE: Field Services/Communications Director – California Association of Professional Employees (CAPE)
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
POSTING DATE: November 14, 2019
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Support the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect for others, accountability and ownership.
Under the supervision and direction of the Board of Directors and CAPE Counsel, the person in this position designs, develops, manages and is responsible for executing the Association’s field services, communications, and political action programs.
- Designs and executes membership recruitment and retention efforts
- Designs and executes all Union communication, including newsletter, bulletins, surveys, email blasts, website, and presentations for a variety of purposes
- Supervises field staff, including training, evaluating, and directing workload
- Develops and directs member education programs
- Targets and conducts work site visits and meetings, including New Employee Orientations as needed
- Manages the Delegate Program and leads all Delegate meetings
- Assists in preparation for negotiations, including preparation of initial proposals
- Designs, develops, coordinates, and oversees all member mobilization campaigns, such as for contract negotiations or political action
- Provides regular feedback to Counsel and Business Agents to improve communications regarding the Association’s handling of representation matters
- Represents the Association at various meetings and functions as necessary
- Leads in the planning coordinates with staff in the execution of special events, such as the Annual Membership Meeting and Retirement Seminar
- Supports Board directives regarding political involvement and actions
- Advises the Board on organizational planning and personnel matters as needed
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Must have valid California Driver’s License, proof of car insurance with current required level of coverage, dependable vehicle available to work each business day, and be willing to travel extensively throughout Los Angeles County on a regular basis. Willingness to work a flexible schedule, possibly beyond forty hours per week.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical and matching 401(k).
Interested candidates please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.