Campaign Researcher, Western States Regional Joint Board Workers United – SEIU
The Western States Regional Joint Board of Workers United-SEIU is a growing, progressive union of 10,000 workers at industrial laundries, warehouses, manufacturing, and other jobs in California, Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico.
Job Titles: Campaign Researcher
Location: Los Angeles, CA
This position is for a Campaign Researcher (ideally bilingual Spanish-English) to be based in Los Angeles, CA. Some moving expenses may be reimbursed if necessary.
Responsibilities for Campaign Researcher include:
- Develop and execute research work plan that reflects campaign objectives along with lead staff and member leaders.
- Research companies using a wide variety of sources, including interviewing workers and searching published databases and online sources.
- Conduct local and field research on companies, industries, and policies related to organizing campaigns.
- Communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of players including workers, community organizations, company officials, customers, government staff and elected leaders. Identify potential allies and effectively reaching out to engage them.
- Creating written material to support organizing campaigns including white papers, leaflets, newsletters, and online media.
- Participate thoughtfully in strategic planning. Develop and carry out campaign strategies and tactics.
- Assist with internal organizing and contract campaigns as needed.
Qualifications for Campaign Researcher:
- Passion for, and commitment to, fighting for worker justice & immigrant justice.
- Strong research & quantitative skills. Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, & Access and a variety of computer-based research tools. Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Proven ability to utilize information from and about workers, employers, community partners and others to inform and develop campaign strategies.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines, with competing priorities, and in a team environment.
- Willingness to travel, and to work long and sometimes irregular hours.
- Strong consideration will be given to candidates fluent in both Spanish and English, spoken and written.
- Valid driver’s license and car required.
Language: Preference for bilingual Spanish & English, but not required.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience (according to Staff Union contract). Excellent benefits include car allowance, car insurance reimbursement, phone reimbursement, medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Women, immigrants, people of color, and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and references with “Campaign Researcher” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.