Workforce Development Director: Second Chance Program
About Us: The Miguel Contreras Foundation, a program partner of the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, is a 501c(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to empower working Angelenos – especially immigrants and communities of color – by advancing greater equity through access to good quality jobs and livable communities. The foundation seeks to scale our innovative programs that empower people and contribute to an opportunity economy through sustainable, equitable careers regardless of background.
Position Description (Essential Job Responsibilities): The Workforce Development Director is responsible for overseeing the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the organization’s workforce development programing targeting formally incarcerated individuals.
- Develop and manage collaborative partnerships with unions, employers, education partners, and social services agencies within the community.
- Develop and implement program objectives and oversee program evaluations.
- Set standards and mechanisms to meet deliverables and program deadlines.
- Manage program staff, providing workplan support, ongoing feedback, and regular appraisal.
- Identify, propose, and plan for changes in programming based on participants’ needs and input.
- Develop program database and oversee program data collection, analysis, and reporting, including activities, participation figures, notable achievements, and any problems/issues.
- Other leadership level duties as assigned.
Skills/Knowledge Required: Our ideal candidate holds enthusiasm for building financial security and expanding career and life opportunities for underserved workers.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5+ years working in nonprofit, social enterprise, or similar environment.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in high pressure, fast pace environments and with deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate staff.
- Working knowledge of workforce development and coaching practices (e.g. financial, personal, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
- Experience as a program facilitator and/or manager.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Benefits of Employment: MCF is a leader in providing equitable salaries and benefits, and a supportive working environment that fosters the long-term leadership development of its team members.
- Starting at $70,000
- Generous Medical/Dental/Vision/Retirement Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off/Leave Policies
- $1,000/year car insurance reimbursement (requires personal vehicle)
- $500/month transportation stipend (requires personal vehicle)
- $120/month technology reimbursement
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Application and Renewal fees coverage
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, with the subject “Workforce Development Director”. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
It is the policy of Miguel Contreras Foundation to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.