Temporary Receptionist/Office Coordinator
The Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO, is the second largest labor council in the country representing more than 300 local unions and hundreds of thousands of rank-and-file union members. The Federation is a model for the nation of how a central labor body can transform the labor movement by actively assisting its affiliates with their organizing and bargaining drives, and changing the way unions do politics.
The mission of the LA FED, as it is known, is to be a voice for working people battling to break into or remain in the middle class; to encourage them to actively participate in the civic and political life of their nation, state and community; and to advance public policies supporting workers and their families.
To learn more about the LA Fed, please visit www.theLAFED.org
We are seeking a motivated Receptionist/Office Coordinator to join the team of one of the most innovative and successful local labor movements in America. The Receptionist/Office Coordinator will be responsible for greeting visitors, answering phones and receiving all mail deliveries and orders. In addition, they will be coordinating office/building maintenance and performing other clerical duties.
This is a full time position generally performed during normal business hours. The position includes the duties as follows:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcomes and provides general information to visitors who arrive at our office
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of calls, and forwards to appropriate personnel or department
- Receives, sorts and distributes mail and deliveries
- Coordinates, maintains and sets-up conference rooms for meetings
- Drafts and sends office communications
- Maintains office roster and phone system
- Coordinates building repairs and service with vendors and maintenance staff
- Keeps lobby and other public areas of facility in order
- Communicates with janitorial staff around problems and supply needs
- Communicates and coordinates with vendors/guests around internet/network problems and updates
- Maintains inventory of equipment and coordinate loaning of equipment
- Coordinates the purchasing of office, facility and cleaning supplies
- Coordinates travel arrangements and hotel accommodations for staff
- Assists with registration at monthly delegate’s meetings held on Monday evenings in Burbank (required) and at various events throughout the year (as needed)
- General administrative duties, including but not limited to: routine mass mailings, filing, photocopying, scanning and special projects (as needed)
- Bilingual Spanish/English, spoken and written required
- At least two years of previous experience in professional office environment
- Outgoing, welcoming, and professional demeanor required
- Excellent interpersonal, phone and written skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage several projects
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible, supportive and team oriented.
- Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
- Basic computer knowledge, ability to use Windows, Microsoft Office/Excel and Gmail
- Reliable transportation
- Experience in a union office is a plus.
- Must be available to work mornings and evenings for various events throughout the year (as needed)
Salary: Starting at $19 per hour. Benefits upon qualification of hours include: Pension and 401(k) plan, Health, Dental and Vision. Position covered by OPEIU 537 collective bargaining agreement.
Term: This is a temporary position to be filled immediately. This position will end on July 31, 2018.
To Apply: Please email resume with salary history, cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working for the labor movement, as well as three references to Priscilla Cheng: priscilla@theLAFED. No phone calls. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.