New York Campaign Director
Jobs to Move America (JMA) is a national organization working to ensure that public investment in infrastructure results in the creation of good U.S. jobs, investments in strong apprenticeship and training programs, career opportunities for people facing barriers to employment, and access for groups that have historically been underrepresented in the industry.
JMA is currently seeking a full-time experienced Campaign Director, based in New York City to lead our state-wide NY campaign.
- Lead comprehensive campaigns to pass inclusive public procurement policies in New York State.
- Coordinate a state-wide coalition of community based organizations, labor unions, workforce development groups, and other key partners. Build an advocacy program to educate elected officials and policy makers, leading to the adoption of JMA’s policies on transportation infrastructure projects.
- Ensure that firms awarded public contracts are held accountable to the public and respect workers’ rights to organize.
- Cultivate relationships with elected officials, heads of public authorities and their staffs, as well as other key decision makers.
- Coordinate New York campaign efforts with JMA’s national, California and Illinois campaign leads, and other key national partners to ensure alignment around goals.
- Supervise a team which may include a full-time NY coalition organizer, as well as a research analyst and communicator.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with comprehensive economic justice or worker organizing campaigns.
- Experience with corporate campaigns, policy campaigns, and working directly with labor unions.
- Experience leading community-labor coalitions.
- Background in policy analysis strongly preferred.
- Experience with operating successfully in a politically sensitive climate.
- Understanding of New York City and state politics strongly preferred.
- Exposure to basic workforce development and apprenticeship programs a plus.
- Ability to develop goal oriented, multi-year, strategic campaign plans that include research, policy advocacy, grass tops organizing and communications.
- Proven track record in leading and coaching a team of individuals from a diversity of backgrounds and training.
- Ability to work in remote teams.
- Ability to independently manage projects from conception to completion.
- Willingness to travel somewhat regularly within the state, to travel nationally several times a year, work long hours and weekends when necessary.
- Excellent computer, interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills.
Terms of Employment: The salary range for the position is $65,000 to $75,000 and is dependent upon experience. JMA offers full family health benefits, retirement, and generous time off.
Application Process: This position is available immediately. E-mail cover letter, resume, and a sample campaign plan to email@example.com with “NY Campaign Director” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive a response.