MCF Administrative/Program Coordinator Position
ABOUT US: The Miguel Contreras Foundation (MCF), a program partner of the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor AFL-CIO, is a 501c(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to empower working Angelenos – especially immigrants and communities of color – by advancing greater equity through access to good quality jobs and livable communities. MCF’s programs seek to ensure that Los Angeles County supports underserved workers who are the backbone of our thriving economy: immigrants, women and the formerly incarcerated.
POSITION DESCRIPTION (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES): The Administrative/Program Coordinator supports a cross-functional team through a variety of administrative and program support activities:
● Serves as direct administrative contact and liaison with team members and external stakeholders.
● Gathers and updates data to maintain departmental records and databases.
● Establishes and maintains files and records for the office.
● Assists with project development and planning to support MCF’s operations, programs and partners on issues affecting working Angelinos.
● Engages in research on issues related to economic opportunity program.
● Works with team to develop content for website, social media, materials, and electronic mailers.
● Assists in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects.
● Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: Our ideal candidate holds enthusiasm for social justice, worker rights and creating an opportunity economy in Los Angeles.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred.
● 2-3 years working in nonprofit, social enterprise, or similar environment.
● Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
● Excellent planning and organizational skills.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively in fast-paced environments and with deadlines.
● Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
● Demonstrated commitment to immigrant rights, criminal justice and/or gender equity.
● Bilingual and multi-lingual skills preferred.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT: MCF is a leader in providing equitable salaries and benefits, and a supportive working environment that fosters the long-term leadership development of its team members.
● Starting at $50,000
● Generous Medical/Dental/Vision/Retirement Benefits
● Generous Paid Time Off/Leave Policies
● $1,000/year car insurance reimbursement (requires personal vehicle)
● $500/month transportation stipend (requires personal vehicle)
● $120/month technology reimbursement
● Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Application and Renewal fees coverage
TO APPLY: Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Administrative/Program Coordinator”. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
It is the policy of Miguel Contreras Foundation to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.