Immigration Program Director
ABOUT US: The Miguel Contreras Foundation, a program partner of the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, is a 501c(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to empower working Angelenos – especially immigrants and communities of color – by advancing greater equity through access to good quality jobs and livable communities. The foundation seeks to scale our innovative programs that empower people and contribute to an opportunity economy through sustainable, equitable careers regardless of background.
POSITION DESCRIPTION (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES): The Immigration Program Director is responsible for overseeing the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the organization’s programming for immigrant workers.
• Develop and manage collaborative partnerships with Los Angeles’ 300+ unions, worker centers, employers, community organizations, and other key stakeholders.
• Develop and implement program objectives and oversee program implementation and evaluation.
• Recruit, train, and manage program staff, providing workplan support, ongoing feedback, and regular appraisal.
• Identify, propose, and plan for changes in programming based on needs and input.
• Other leadership-level duties as assigned.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: Our ideal candidate holds enthusiasm for innovating programming at the intersection of immigrant rights and worker rights, and for expanding opportunities for all underserved workers.
• Advanced degree preferred, Bachelor’s degree recommended.
• 5+ years program management experience in nonprofit, labor, or similar environments.
• Experience in immigrant rights, worker rights, and outreach and organizing.
• Working knowledge of the Los Angeles immigration and worker rights landscape.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including experience running collaboratives.
• Ability to thrive while working independently and in an entrepreneurial environment, setting own standards and mechanisms to meet deliverables and program deadlines.
• Passion for bringing innovation to social justice strategy.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT: MCF is a leader in providing equitable salaries and benefits, and seeks to offer a supportive working environment that fosters the long-term leadership development of its team members.
• Starting at $70,000
• Generous Medical/Dental/Vision/Retirement Benefits
• Generous Paid Time Off/Leave Policies
• $1,000/year car insurance reimbursement (requires personal vehicle)
• $500/month transportation stipend (requires personal vehicle)
• $120/month technology reimbursement
• Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Application and Renewal fees coverage
TO APPLY: Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, with the subject “Immigration Program Director.” Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
It is the policy of Miguel Contreras Foundation to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.