Chicago Campaign Director
Jobs to Move America (JMA) is a national organization working to ensure that public infrastructure investments result in the creation of good U.S. jobs, investments in strong apprenticeship and training programs, career opportunities for people facing barriers to employment, and access for groups that have historically been underrepresented in the industry.
JMA is currently seeking a full-time experienced Campaign Director, based in Chicago to lead our Chicago-based work.
- Lead a region-wide comprehensive campaign with a coalition of local community based organizations, labor unions, workforce groups, and other key partners to win adoption of JMA’s policies on key upcoming transportation infrastructure projects
- Build an advocacy program to educate elected officials and policy makers, leading to the adoption of JMA’s policies on key upcoming transportation infrastructure projects
- Ensure that firms awarded public contracts are held accountable to the public through enforceable community benefits agreements and respect for workers’ rights to organize
- Coordinate Chicago campaign efforts with JMA’s national, California and New York campaign leads, and other key national partners to ensure alignment around goals
- Supervise a team that will include a full-time Chicago coalition organizer, as well as a research analyst and communicator dedicated part time to this work
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with comprehensive economic justice or worker organizing campaigns
- Experience with corporate campaigns and working directly with labor unions a plus
- Experience leading community and labor coalitions
- Experience with operating successfully in a politically sensitive climate
- Exposure to basic workforce development and apprenticeship programs a plus
- Ability to develop goal oriented, multi-year, strategic campaign plans that include research, policy advocacy, grass tops organizing and communications
- Proven track record in leading and coaching a team of individuals from a diversity of backgrounds and training
- Ability to work in remote teams
- Ability to independently manage projects from conception to completion
- Willingness to travel occasionally, work long hours and weekends when necessary
- Excellent computer, interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills
- Understanding of greater Chicago and state politics strongly preferred
Terms of employment: The salary range for the position is $65,000 to $75,000 and is dependent upon experience. JMA offers full family health and dental benefits, retirement, and generous time off. JMA employees are eligible for a three months paid sabbatical after 5 years of employment.
Application Process: This position is available immediately. E-mail cover letter, resume, and a sample campaign plan to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Chicago Campaign Director” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive a response.
JMA is an affirmative action employer. People of color and women strongly encouraged to apply.