Labor Studies 103: Labor Law Update
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017
Labor Studies 103 (Sec. 0442) 1 Unit of College Credit: Labor Law Update
When: March 25, 2017
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Where: Los Angeles Trade-Technical College Aspen Hall Room 221
Instructor: Lewis Levy
Levy and Phillips
HOW COULD NEW LABOR BOARD MAJORITY AFFECT UNIONS?
A Republican Administration and Congress will likely reverse recent NLRB reforms to streamline representation elections and protect worker rights. But unions must continue to organize and negotiate and enforce contracts.
This fast-paced and essential two-Saturday class will help prepare union officers, staff, stewards and activists for what’s ahead.
Taught by veteran Labor Lawyer Lewis Levy.
- Organizing and Unfair Labor Practices
- Right-to-Work and the Courts
- The Public Sector’s Pension “Crisis”
- Labor Law and Social Media
- California vs. the Federal Government
- Workers’ Rights and Trump
Enroll now for Labor Studies Spring 2017 Semester.